Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The First 30 Days

I've made it to through my first month of daily portraits! Booyah!!!

It's hard to believe that I have sketched more times this past month than I have the entire five years that I've been working as a designer!

After 30 days, I think that the artistic fire inside of me has been rekindled. I look forward every day to creating something new or trying something new. I've really enjoyed the pen and ink process thus far. I never know how things are going to turn out!



"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, 
is a way to make your soul grow..." - KURT VONEGUT


My husband keeps saying, "You're getting better babe!" And whether or not it's true, the greatest growth I'm seeing is inside me, not just what's on paper.

I am relearning the art of making mistakes (oops, that line isn't supposed to be there), acknowledging them for what they are (well that was a bad idea), embracing them (guys, look at that line!), and moving on (it's just a line).

I am rediscovering the vulnerability I had when I was a student, the same vulnerability that allowed teachers to mold me. Art teachers love it when students are not afraid to put themselves out there. By sharing what I do, I'm including others in the creative process. What good is art if nobody sees it?


 

"...the belief that (the) process, in a sense, is liberating...you don't have to reinvent the wheel every day." - CHUCK CLOSE

A lot has happened in a month's time. With one down and eleven to go, who knows how much more growing will be done?

1 comment:

  1. You are very talented Vanessa! I look forward to seeing your portrates on instagram!

    ReplyDelete